Match Your Gift! Let Your Company Double or Triple Your Impact!
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees both full time and part-time. Gifts from employees’ spouses and retirees may also qualify for a match. Search to find out if your employer has a matching gift program.
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Employee matching gift programs are corporate giving programs in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. It’s an easy way to double your contribution to us!
Volunteer grant programs are corporate giving programs in which companies provide monetary donations to organizations where employees volunteer regularly. If you volunteer with us, it’s an easy way to provide us with additional financial support!
Activities eligible for volunteer grants may include:
- Event Volunteering
- Skill-based Volunteering
- Volunteer Committees
- Administrative Volunteering
Requesting a matching gift or volunteer grant is normally a five minute process which must be initiated by the donor / volunteer. You can do this by filling out and submitting a paper match form provided by your employer or through an electronic submission process.
Please search our database for company specific information.
- Make a donation to a nonprofit.
- Log into your company’s matching gift submission website (if you use the Double the Donation search tool, you will receive a follow-up email linking to this page).
- Once logged in, search for the nonprofit that you donated to.
- Select the appropriate nonprofit from the search result. If it is not found, manually enter the organization’s details.
- Register the donation.
- Submit the completed matching gift request to your employer.
If you submit your matching gift or volunteer grant outside of the nonprofit’s online donation form or dedicated matching gifts page, contact the nonprofit directly to notify them of the request, so they may track the matching funds as needed.
If you forget to submit your matching gift after selecting your company at the time of donation, you will receive a series of auto-generated emails prompting you to submit your match. The majority of companies offer an all-electronic matching gift submission process.
While your donation to a 501(c)3 organization is tax-deductible, your matching gift is not tax-deductible. Only your personal contributions are eligible for tax-deduction. Each party involved (yourself and your employer) can only take deductions for contributions they directly made to the nonprofit.
- For questions regarding your company’s programs, please contact your employer’s HR or community giving department. Much of the necessary information is also available on your company intranet.
- For questions regarding submitting a matching gift or volunteer grant request to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.